2021 OHIO SOCCER ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTIONS
The Ohio Soccer Association Board of Directors elections will be conducted pursuant to Article IX of the OSA Code of Regulations.
An elected officer or director will serve for a period of three (3) years, except as otherwise noted in the Code of Regulations and/or the OSA Agreement and Plan of Merger Recitals for the first OSA Annual General Meeting (AGM) and will assume office at the close of the AGM.
A transitional board was established, per the Agreement and Plan of Merger, to serve until the first OSA Board of Directors are elected.
The OSA Officers and Directors seats up for election in 2021 are:
- President (3 Year Term)
- Vice President (2 Year Term)
- District 1 (1 Year Term)
- District 2 (3 Year Term)
- District 3 (2 Year Term)
- District 4 (3 Year Term)
- District 5 (2 Year Term)
- District 6 (1 Year Term)
- District 7 (1 Year Term)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE ELECTED AS AN OSA BOARD OF DIRECTOR?
Any individual can run for the position District Director. The only restriction is that the candidate can not be a paid employee of OSA.
Candidates for the position of President or Vice President must also have previously served on the board of directors of a US Youth Soccer State Association for a minimum of 2 years.
The officers and directors’ initial terms of office will be in accordance with Recital #6 of the Agreement and Plan of Merger:
- 3 Year Term: President, District 2 Director, and District 4 Director
- 2 Year Term: Vice President, District 3 Director, and District 5 Director
- 1 Year Team: District 1 Director, District 6 Director, and District 7 Director
To run for the position of President, Vice President, or a District, please submit an approved form for OSA Candidacy by 11:59 PM on Thursday, February 25, 2021.
- 2021 OSA Board of Directors Candidacy Application [HERE]
At least fifteen (15) days before the date of the meeting, a proposed agenda with copies of the report of officers and any items proposed to be considered at the meeting will be sent out to the membership.
- Nominations from the floor are not allowed, unless there are no candidates for an office, either Statewide Officer or as a District Director, to be elected.
- The President and Vice President are elected by the membership in a statewide election.
- The District Directors are elected from each of the designated seven (7) OSA districts.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO VOTE?
Current 2020-2021 Ohio North and Ohio South members in good standing will be eligible to vote in OSA’s first AGM as OSA Full Members. The allocation of votes will be based on the voting structure identified in the Code Of Regulations, Article VIII, Section 3.
The number of votes that each club or league is allotted will be determine on the numbers of players that they had registered for the fall 2020/spring 2021 season. For spring 2021 player counts, it will be the actual number of players registered as of March 1, 2021 at 5:00pm.
We do recognize that some leagues/clubs may not have had a fall 2020 season due to COVID. In this situation, the vote allocations will be determined based on the fall 2019 season. This conditional based on:
- They are currently in good standings with the State Association
- Did not have a fall 2020 season (partial play or a reduced schedule does not qualify)
- Clubs or league that are not in good standing (as of March 1, 2021) with their State Association, will not be permitted to vote at the AGM.
Each member in good standing, shall register its primary and alternate delegates to the AGM no later than thirty (30) days prior to the meeting. A Full Member may not designate a current member of the Board of Directors as a delegate.
Please contact Jessica Eberle with any questions at email@example.com or 330-667-0855.