US Youth Soccer National Leagues Program
US Youth Soccer's current system of Regional Leagues (Midwest Regional League) will cease to exist at the end of the 2017-18 season.
The new US Youth Soccer National Leagues Program will commence in the Fall of 2018 and will feature a network of Conferences (formerly known as Regional Leagues) that are geographically focused, under one leadership and management structure and linked into the highly successful National League and National Championship Series.
The National Leagues Program structure for 2018-19 will feature two tiers of competition:
- The National Tier called the US Youth Soccer National League currently in its 12th season of competition.
- The Multi-State Tier comprised of leagues each individually called a US Youth Soccer National League (Geographic Area) Conference.
Beginning with the 2018 Fall Season, US Youth Soccer will operate the following two Conferences within the Midwest Region along with the three western East Region states as part of its network of integrated Conferences across the country:
- US Youth Soccer National League Great Lakes Conference: Will include the eastern states of the Midwest Region (including Ohio North) along with New York West, Pennsylvania West and West Virginia from the East Region
- US Youth Soccer National League Midwest Conference: Will feature the western states of the Midwest Region
2018-19 Boys and Girls Age Groups
- 13U (2006's) - for players born on January 1, 2006 or later
- 14U (2005's) - for players born on January 1, 2005 or later
- 15U (2004's) - for players born on January 1, 2004 or later
- 16U (2003's) - for players born on January 1, 2003 or later
- 17U (2002's) - for players born on January 1, 2002 or later
- 18U (2001's) - for players born on January 1, 2001 or later
- 19U (2000's) - for players born on January 1, 2000 or later
Ohio North is guaranteed up to eight (8) slots in the National League - Great Lakes Conference. Participating teams must compete in the spring Ohio North State Cup, which determines rankings for the following seasonal year.
Based on Great Lakes Conference (previously MRL) history, Ohio North has earned one (1) Premier-1 slot and two (2) Premier-2 slots for the boys' and girls' 13U Divisions. These Premier slots are awarded to the highest ranking Ohio North Premier League Spring 12U teams. The remaining five (5) league slots are awarded to the highest placed finishers in the 12U State Cup.
At 14U and older, Premier Division teams will retain their league slot, regardless of State Cup ranking; while 1st Division teams may be required to play-off against any higher ranking State Cup team.
Teams ranking outside the top eight (8) in State Cup may be eligible to participate in the National League - Great Lakes Conference if higher ranking team(s) decline their earned slot(s).
Team Application Period
An informational document for the Conferences outlining details, including, but not limited to team fees, rostering information, referees fees and scheduling, will be available once the team registration period opens in early June.
- 2018 Fall Season 14U: Application to open on or around June 6th and close on June 27th
- 2018 Fall Season 15U Developmental: Application to open on or around June 6th and close on June 27th
- 2019 Spring Season 15U-18U: Application to open on or around July 16th and close on August 8th
- 2019 Spring Season 13U-14U: Application to open on or around October 15th and close on November 12th?
2018-19 Team Information